There are many Men, Women and Children who suffer in silence and feel isolated and hopeless. We want you to know that we stood where you stand and that we stand with you. You are not alone, you are never alone. We wear this long sleeve teardrop blue Humbled By the Hustle proudly.
“Meet Bullet the war pony who was a victim of horrible abuse and was wild with fear and trusted no one. He was saved by a young boy who understood him and accepted him, together they healed each other’s hearts.”
Humbled by the Hustle OFW may have started with a barrel racers story but it isn't just about barrel racing it is so much bigger than that, it is about overcoming adversity and struggle and finding comfort and healing through the bond of an animal and each of our stories are so different. Will you share yours?
10% of all Sales will go to the local NRV women and children’s recourse center click on the link if you need help or if you want to give directly to them.
Together we can empower each other and give each other hope. Be the light in the darkness.
- On average, nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this equates to more than 10 million women and men.
- 1 in 4 women and 1 in 9 men experience severe intimate partner physical violence, intimate partner contact sexual violence, and/or intimate partner stalking with impacts such as injury, fearfulness, post-traumatic stress disorder, use of victim services, contraction of sexually transmitted diseases, etc.
- 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have experienced some form of physical violence by an intimate partner. This includes a range of behaviors (e.g. slapping, shoving, pushing) and in some cases might not be considered "domestic violence."
- 1 in 7 women and 1 in 25 men have been injured by an intimate partner.
- 1 in 10 women have been raped by an intimate partner. Data is unavailable on male victims.
- 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men have been victims of severe physical violence (e.g. beating, burning, strangling) by an intimate partner in their lifetime.
- 1 in 7 women and 1 in 18 men have been stalked by an intimate partner during their lifetime to the point in which they felt very fearful or believed that they or someone close to them would be harmed or killed.
- On a typical day, there are more than 20,000 phone calls placed to domestic violence hotlines nationwide.
- The presence of a gun in a domestic violence situation increases the risk of homicide by 500%.
- Intimate partner violence accounts for 15% of all violent crime.
- Women between the ages of 18-24 are most commonly abused by an intimate partner.
- 19% of domestic violence involves a weapon.
- Domestic victimization is correlated with a higher rate of depression and suicidal behavior.
- Only 34% of people who are injured by intimate partners receive medical care for their injuries.
“I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight” Jeremiah 9:24